Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bugs and Birthdays and Big Storm Damage

A praying mantis I found on the side of Megan's Grandparents house while we were there celebrating her birthday last Sunday. Ever time I got in front of it to take a picture it would stop walking and look right at me as if to ask, WTF?

Now I think the picture below perfectly represents a 21st birthday. You can visualize a whole day/night in this picture. She was still awake in this picture, but who could tell anyway...and not for long.


These pictures are from Junction City in Perry County. They were hit pretty hard. These pictures are of our Satellite truck we sent there for live shots in various shows. These pictures don't even scratch the surface of the damage there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered if you were down there with Jym and Bob. It looked terrible. Glad you got the experience of seeing something like that. We'll keep them in our thoughts. By the way, did you have an escape route all picked out in case they lost control of that tree?!

Britni said...

I tried taking a picture of a praying mantis once & it jumped at my face, I about had a heart attack! I don't think they like to be photographed very much :)

Poor Megan, it looks like she was praying to the porcelain god that night!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I remember the night of my 21st birthday......oh wait, no I dont.