Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The impending wallet workout...

The aweosme sight of work being done on the house, Behold! So apparently it takes these roofers two days to do a roof that should be done in one. Oh well. As long as it's done today I really don't care as rain is in the forecast tomorrow. The bathroom also started getting it's workout this afternoon. The psuedo plan tomorrow is to start laying the floor tiles, and Robert should be starting to put the new tub and surround in. Hopefully all goes according to plan.

What has NOT gone according to plan is the flippin' bank...AGAIN. So along with all the other things this bank has sucessfully screwed up, not disclosed, etc. It was not made clear to me the way in which the "Draw" system works for the money to do all this work. I was told I get 2 draws. That sounds...well...EXACTLY HOW IT SOUNDS. No. What is means is I get 2 draws TOTAL, the second being the final payout on completion of ALL WORK. So the bank expects $28,000 worth of work to be completed on the initial draw of $14,000. Yea, so how are all the raw materials and labor in the mean time going to be paid once the first half is used up? Who knows! The bank sure doesn't seem to care! So it looks like my wallet will temporarily be funding the remaining materials and labor costs. I'll be reimbursed once the project is all completed with the final check. Lets hope Robert's timetable of being completed before the end of the month holds true so I can avoid and finance charges...but thank god for credit.

See Bob. See Bob paint. (I don't know if that guys name is Bob, but my beadroom is looking....blueish).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wont be long until things really start coming together. Hey by the way I figured I better join the 365 Club. www.365sid.blogspot.com