Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day Three: One Bank, Two Bank, Three little Banky-Banks...

Today I woke up later than I wanted to as I had a small list of items I wanted to accomplish before heading to work. I was up playing Bad Company with Jason and Andy from work...effectively getting completely frustrated with the lack of balance in that game. So I was up alittle too late playing that, and as a result I got up just before 11am. Shortly thereafter I headed strait to the house to A. see if any work was being done, and B. water the garden. For whatever reason I was not surprised to not see anyone working on the house. So I picked up the mail and watered the garden. On my way home I called Mr. Neff, the general contractor, to get an update on the house work, (and ask why nothing has started yet).

Apparently his bank had put a hold on the check waiting for it to clear. The hold, they said, would last until June 30th. Seeing as I want to be living there around that time, this was obviously a problem, and he recognized this. His bank, in a nutshell, was saying they couldn't get funds verification from my bank. So I preceeded to call my bank, Countrywide. It turns out Countrywide, (a bank), set up the escrow account for the home rehab money through Chase, (another bank). Robert's bank is Charter One, and apparently doesn't know how to pick up a phone and call another bank...or they just don't care. So anyway, a very helpful woman at my bank said she would do alot of things I really didn't care about because obviously my priority is getting the problem resolved. I wasn't going to bog down my brain with the details because....why would I?

Good news in that the helpful woman solved all the issues and Robert Neff now has the money. Work is set to begin tomorrow or Thursday...so woo hoo!

The first picture is that of the sky and tower behind my station. I thought the clouds were interesting, and the same for the picture below. Ana and I were out doing a package on Morse road about SRB, (Special Response Bureau), moving to a new location. After shooting some generic video of cars driving on Morse road, I snapped the picture below.

This picture was inspired by none other than Mr. Jason Mays who, after getting bit by a creative bug after a bottle of wine, decided to take his camera outside and shoot the sky at night. I decided to do the same, sans the bottle of wine. The picture turned out pretty neat. This is after leaving the shutter open for 30 seconds. You can subtley see that the stars are elongated, (since they're sitting still and we are moving...).

No comments: