Monday, June 23, 2008

Day One...sort-of

So I've decided to hop on the 365 blog bandwagon. I'm not quite sure how well I'll stick to the rules, but I think the idea of taking at least one picture everyday and writing a blip about...whatever, is a great idea. Since I decided now was the best time to buy a moderately expensive camera, (and it probably wasn't), what better time to start a 365 blog...that and I can't find my old digital camera.

So my first day I was trying to start this was yesterday, Sunday June 22nd, however I had a couple technical difficulties, so here is the stuff I was trying to post yesterday. These pictures are of a fire in Circleville I went to with fellow photog Mark. I was sort of forced to go as we car-pooled and I was his ride. So rather than sit at the station until god knows when, I decided to tag along. Considering the call came in at about 11:25pm, (I'm off at 11:30pm and Mark is off at midnight), it would have pretty dang boring sitting around the station.



We got back around 1am. The original call sounded like there were victims trapped inside...making it a potetially large news story, but it turns out they were only trapped in the fenced-in backyard. The police had to break down the fence to get them out as apparently climbing over it wasn't an option....you know...splinters and stuff.

I'll include a couple other pics I took the first day having the camera...trying to flex my cfreative muscle.


No comments: