Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Missing, The Failure, and The Block.

So Friday morning I'm sitting here, at my computer when Megan brings it to my attention. She says she hasn't seen Izzy since she got home last night around 11:45pm. I came to realize I hadn't seen her either...so we did a thorough search of the house and found nothing. Lately she has been trying to sneek out whenever we've had either of the doors open for any amount of time, and Thursday night this week we left the door open for about 20 seconds while I helped Megan unload some stuff out of her car. Apparently Izzy seized this opportunity. After doing a neighborhood search, the fliers went up. I couldn't see her wandering too far, and the fact that she was nowhere to be seen, (or heard...if you know Izzy, you hear her ALOT), to me said she could have been picked up by someone. I called the city to see where I was and wasn't allowed to post signs. It turns out you can't post anything anywhere in Reynoldsburg, but the lady assured me there was no "fine" for doing so...(prettymuch telling me to do it anyway). She even went as far as to say she spotted a cat this morning matching Izzy's description. We toured the area she said, even though it was a good mile away from our house.

Well, at about 9:30pm we came home from running an errand, and *poof*, there she was. Sitting on our porch like she'd never been gone. What a brat.
In other news, my Xbox RRODed again, (red ring of death). I thought of taking a picture of that...but it was too depressing. What wasn't depressing is that type of failure is covered under Microsoft's new 3 year extended warranty. So I called Microsoft to setup the process of shipping it back to have it repaired, (again), and then immediately went to Best Buy to get a Arcade console to tide me over. I did this because I knew I could return it in a couple weeks once my old Xbox was repaired. I may end up trading it off to Nate for some handywork and a few bucks...
Oh, and that errand we ran right before finding Izzy Friday night?...was for this:
Pretty snazzy... couldn't turn it down. Ok, so Anyway it's Glass Block Time!!
The glass block was being installed yesterday finally. We're certainly in the home-stretch now!
These windows went in without incident.
Ooooh. shiney.
This one...went in with minor incident. hmm... I thought that wood was supposed to stay in there, (...that's what she said...)
Termite damage. Yea, I knew there was some residual termite damage in a few places in the house, but the house had been treated for them awhile ago. It's pretty amazing how they turned this piece of tough wood into the strength equivalent of cardboard.
So what the hell is this? I swear we've found some of the strangest things in this house, (I'm pretty sure I found a piece of rib bone in the basement wall...). This was stuffed in a firebrick cavity once the termite wood was removed. I bet there's a finger inside...but I'm not looking to find out.
I put up our house numbers the other day. We got a new mailbox, and as our old mailbox had sticker numbers on it and our new one, (below), doesn't, we put these up. I mean, I assume there's some sort of city code requiring you identify your house number. Too bad that takes the fun out of making everyone guess...

2 comments:

Britni said...

I like all the new details you guys have added to the house! I'm glad Izzy came back home! Our old cat Hali use to sneak out occasionally but she was terrified of the outdoors and would do the army crawl so she never got far! :)

Cool new controller, I didn't know they came in diff. colors. I bet Mark will want a colored one too now!(That is if they will fix his xbox360)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you and Megan should be proud of what you've done to the house! It looks great! Good Job!!
We're glad Izzy came home, but I knew she would. Just as soon as she got hungry, she'd "remember" where the house is, hehehe.