Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dagwood, part duex.

Jason snapped this gem yesterday of me going after the Dagwood...for a second time. I had impressed upon many co-workers the enormity of the sandwich before, but I'm pretty sure that no one expected what they saw last night. After last week's Thurman Burger attempt, (which Omar and Ryan handled problem free...I got sick of it), I wanted to see how they handled this monster as it is clearly larger than the Thurman burger, (twice as big...at least). Anyway, the above picture doesn't do it justice, check out the 365Maze blog link for more pictures. I found that eating it like a sandwich seemed to help me get trough it a bit easier...still can't do the fries though, (on take-out orders they give you potato chips). Bad news was Omar forgot about the Dagwood challenge and ate before they arrived...so Ryan and I we the only ones to go for it. He was faster, but we both were hurting afterward.

At least it's a good sandwich...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a Dagwood sandwich at the old Dagwood Restaurant on High St. in the Short North (it's since closed... I think). It was before my heart attack, and I'm pretty sure now that it had a hand in it.
So, what place did this sandwich come from?

Amyru said...

Hey I was watching the news at 11 tonight and saw the story about catching some guy and the maintenance man helped catch the bad guy..anyway, did you do that interview because that maintenance man was extremely special. We're having a rock band night at our house in about a week. You and Meg(h)an should come. I miss you!

Snoozer said...

That sandwich came from a place called "The Ohio Deli" at the corner of Williams rd. and S. High st. I think we should do lunch there sometime in the near future.

Amy, I htink I just saw some goofy guy with a mullet...is that him? I was off thursday night, so unfortunately I didn't meet him. I'll have to listen to the raw interview and see if he's worth making into a rap video like the "Rediclious" one I did. So when is this rock band party?? Megan is big into Guitar hero and will kick all your asses...although it'd have to be on a friday night for her and I to "possibly" make it...

call me freak-