Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween '08, picture-lite style.

My porch on Halloween. Awesome. Notice my lame last minute decorating attempt in the bottom right-hand corner. Hopefully in the near-future I'll get an outside outlet so I can do a better job decorating for x-mas.
Ooooh. Scary. So I got the last-minute birght idea to paint a pumpkin like a ghost. I bought some spraypaint and went to town. Not surprisingly I found out the glossy white spraypaint does stick to the pumpkin, but like to stick to almost anything else better...and would come off quite easily. I also found out that matte finish paint, (the black spraypaint), doesn't like to sit on glossy paint very much. Either way it worked out in the end.
About midway through trick-or-treat Megan was approached by a group of our neighbors. I was finishing installing a dome light in the bathroom at the time. Our neighbors all seem like very nice people, and they're all very glad to have us in the nieghborhood...especially since we removed a big eyesore from the block.

The next day, today, we had our "inspection" by the bank. The guy seemed pretty laid back. He said he prettymuch was just verifying work had in-fact been done on the property. So he stopped by, took a few pictures, and said the bank should have his report monday and everything should be good. FINALLY. I spent my past two days off trying to tie up all sorts of loose ends around the house in anticipation of this inspection as I had no idea how much he/she would scrutanize the house. Although it wasn't very necessary, at least a chunk of stuff on the to-do list was taken care of.

No comments: