Saturday, November 8, 2008

Rockin' Out with our New Dog's Out

Well, maybe not new "Dogs" but new "Dog." Meet Titus...at least that's the name were trying to stick with although we've been known to yell "No Titan!" several times in the 1st day we've owned him. You can't see it in this picture, but Levi is undoubtedly showing Titus a toothful.
We decided to adopt Titus, (formerly Champion), after we, (heavy on the Megan side :)), thought Levi needed a pal. Hopefully Titus can fill that role. He's roughly 1 and a half yrs. old. and was listed as a German Shepard Collie mix, although we're thinking he's some sort of Belgian Shepard mix.
They seem to be getting along pretty well and Levi is warming up to him so far. Levi has been attempting to assert his dominance in the house and although being smaller, he seems to be doing a good job. Of course, I've noticed that Titus seems to have a submissive personality so this has been working out...so far. Titus also seems to have an extreme interest in the cats...to the point of obsessing over them. If he sees a cat, (usually Izzy), in a certain part of the house he continually goes to that spot, (whether she's there or not), looking for her. We're working hard to break him of this, and Izzy has unwillingly been nominated the guinea pig to help expose Titus to cats more as he's obviously never been around any small animals. In other news:
My Brother-in-law's band, A Dying Breath, had their first show last night at the Newport. I recorded the event and took some pictures with a few coming out pretty decent. Out of the 3-4 bands I saw while there, (there was a total of maybe 8 or 9), Dave's band was by far the best. The music style is pretty heavy, unlike alot of bands where all it seems to be is the same song over and over with mostly unintelligible throaty screaming, their band was certainly not that. Each song had a unique sound and had a nice mix of heavy and lighter parts. I'm no music critic, but they rocked.
You'd be surprised how difficult it is to get good pictures in such low light. I probably snapped about 300 pictures, with only a handful coming out pretty nice. I'm pretty sure that's just the nature of shooting in those conditions, but I'm not quite an expert with my camera yet...
It was an awesome show, and I would have liked to stay all night, but since I wasn't sure what to expect when I got home to the new beast I decided I needed to get back home to the dog/horses. Seriously, when they play/wrestle around, the house shakes...

My house suddenly seems so much smaller now...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent review of last night's show, Bud! Can't wait to get a dvd after you edit the footage (Hint, hint: Hurry up!! hehehe).
So, did you ever think your bro-in-law would be a rock star, with fans asking to have their picture taken with him, also asking for their autographs?!

Anonymous said...

OH, and cute puppy, too! Can't wait to introduce him to Brutus!

Britni said...

I think you did a nice job shooting with low lighting. It's really tricky!

We have been wanting to get a friend for Logan too but we are taking our time for now. You have the perfect yard for two big dogs! I agree with Megan ...it is important for your dog to have a friend to run a round with!

Pee Gee (Cee) said...

To answer your question:
I think Memaw's home for the winter, although she's got someone in Florida interested in buying her trailer....I don't know if she needs to go back down to close the deal. She was going to call the park and see what their suggestion is. She should know something tomorrow...give her a call.