Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Great Escape... (or maybe just the Mediocre escape)

The escape artist.
The diversion.The escape route.
The promised land.
The victim. (my unfinished bowl of cereal).

Today not long after I woke up, Titus decided he was going to take an unsanctioned trip of the neighborhood. Here is how it went down...

I let the boys out, (one at a time to keep down on dreaded "Dirt Paws"), and it was Titus' turn. While he was doing his thing I went back to my computer for a couple minutes to finish my bowl of cereal. After a couple minutes I decided to check on him, let him in, whatev. I went to the back kitchen window and saw him apparently doing some romping around, playing, whathaveyou, and figured I'd let him stay out and play some more. Well, while watching him out the back kitchen window, Levi comes up to me and pushes his face into my side. It diverted my attention from Titus who was currently investigating the area around the damaged gate on the east side of the yard. In the 2 seconds I looked down to when I looked back up, Titus had vanished... The game was afoot.

I concluded he jumped through the hole in the fence left when a large branch damaged it in the past wind storm. It hadn't been fixed yet because it didn't seem to be a problem...yea. After running around the neighborhood for about 10 minutes, then driving around a for a few minutes I found dorkface in a neighbor's backyard across our street. Not the best way to start your morning, but at least he's back home...dorkface.

I almost feel I was plotted against as Levi diverted my attention at just the perfect time for me to NOT see Titus jump through the hole in the fence...but then I realized dogs don't plot...because they're dogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean with all that expert carpenter's skill I passed on to you that fence isn't fixed yet?! lol... think... me... a carpenter...

Britni said...

It was a conspiracy! They are smarter then you think...

I haven't checked your blog in a while. I changed my background and my links got all messed up. I bet your dogs are having a great old time together! Logan has run down the street a few times and it scared me to death! I am so glad we fenced in our yard. I guess you guys will have to fix your fence now!